Re: Debian Installer SATA detection

On (26/07/05 13:37), Grant Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:41:35 -0500, Jacob S <stormspotter@6Texans.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:52:16 +0100
> >Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> wrote:

> ><snipped for brevity>
> >
> >>If you already have Debian installed on the PATA drive you could load
> >>the necessary modules (for SATA) using 'modconf'.  You could then use
> >>chroot to install a debian system on the SATA drive.
> >>
> >>However, it would seem you want to do a fresh install and the
> >>installer is not picking up the SATA drives.  Try
> >># expert26
> >>at the boot prompt.  It will then give you access to many more modules
> >>for the install; I haven't checked the compatability list for the SATA
> >>controller.
> >
> >Or if you simply want SATA support without the extra prompts and options
> >that 'expert26' gives, you could also enter 'linux26' at the boot
> >prompt.
> >
> >HTH,
> >Jacob
> >

> I dont mind the expert26 option, but I am not sure which modules to load.
> I have tried before, but I wasn't even able to get my Broadcom NIC to work.
> Is there somewhere I could look for help configuring with the expert26
> option?
>
> Unfortunately, the linux26 option does not recognize my drive.
>
> Thank you both for the help you have given.
You need to keep this on the list;  I don't know about Jacob but I'm in
the dark, as much as you are on a lot of this stuff ;)

Others may be able to offer more guidance.
To recap:
The SATA controller is a ULi M5287

and you can't find the driver in the installer modules.

I had a quick look through the modules on my system and couldn't find
anything useful ... sorry.

Regards

Clive

--