Re: Reference to your work

On (25/07/05 19:07), Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 09:57:56PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
>
> Might be ... but he doesn't seem to be trying to sell anything.
> I think this guy sincerely wants to do the
> right thing with copyright and author's paternal rights as
> they apply to some Debain packages.  Other than apparent good intentions,
> he seems to be a little clueless as to how to go about it, and
> I'm trying to be helpful.  If anyone else can help him out,
> it would probably be appreciated.

You could be right.  However, at first I thought it was a European Union related
entity but on looking at their website:

 	 Welcome to EC-Council

	  The International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants
	  (EC-Council®) is a member driven international organization of
	  academicians, industry practitioners and professionals from
	  the e-Business domain. Members include practitioners from all
	  levels of various fields and in a broad range of industries.
	  These include specialized areas such as academics and
	  education, information technology, healthcare, manufacturing,
	  financial, communications, and government.

1. for a bona fide researcher, a little homework on www.debian.org
wouldn't indcate d-u as the place to enquire

2. e-commerce professionals would be conversant with the likely
interpretation of duplicate emails.

Regards

Clive

--