glitch during sarge install from CDROM

When installing sarge, I was asked whether I wanted to install grub
as bootloader to my hard disk.
I said NO (I prefer lilo).
Then it asked me to explain just where I did want to install the boot loader.
I left the space blank and went on.
Of sourse it tried to install grup noplace, and failed with an error
dialogue.

Eventually this led me to the list of all phases if installation,
where I was able to tell it to skip the grub phase and proceed
directly to the LILO phase, which worked flawlessly.

Don't you think that it should have given me the option to install
LILO earlier in the series of questions, so it wouldn't have tried
running grub with invalid parameters?

As it is, I wouldn't have stuck it out if I hadn't already *known*
it was possible to use LILO.

-- hendrik