Re: Making spamassassin nice?

Jon Dowland wrote:
On 7/25/05, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

Thanks. /etc/default/spamassassin has limits on child processes and nicelevel
as well.

Can anyone report on what sort of resources are needed to run
spamassassin adequately? Since the upgrade to sarge, SA has totally
killed our virtual machine. We have the lowest-tier bytemark VM (64MB
mem). With a prefork limit of four processes and maximum nice, spamd
still brings it to its knees. How does dspam compare in resources
usage terms?

I would say, set the limit to 1 or 2.  Last time I checked, spamd used ~15MB ram per process, but I forget how much was shared between the processes.

Mike