USB Pen / Thumb / Keyring Drive

Hi,

I was just given a small USB pen drive and would like to get it working with
Debian. I am sure you are probable thinking "Oh god not another n00b that
can't mount a drive" but thankfully you would be wrong. I don't have any
problems mounting the device but it feels very clunky compared to Windows
where you just stick the drive in and hey presto it's there ready to be used.

What I would like it something that will just automagically mount the drive. I
have installed the usbmount package (which I presume is the same as
usb-mount) but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's created /media/cdrom
and /media/usb directories but that is it - it doesn't mount the drive when I
plug it in. I am running KDE on Debian unstable and certain sites seem to
indicate that one can get KDE to create an icon on the desktop when a usb
drive is plugged in.

Basically I'm interested to know what are my options are?

Many thanks,

Graham

--

 .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`