Re: Aspell British

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 10:18:53AM -0600 or thereabouts, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Steve Å wrote:
> > Obviously, I wasn't paying close attention to the messages aptitude
> > was giving me. 8(
>
> :-)
>
> > I've spent time searching the archives, and checking that the needed
> > dictionaries are present, but I can't see the forest for the trees.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to fix this ?  Thanks.
>
> I assume you have these two packages installed?
>
>   apt-get install ibritish wbritish

Yes. 'aptitude search ibritish wbritish'

    i   ibritish                            - A British English dictionary

    i A wbritish                            - British English dictionary words

    p   wbritish-large                      - British English dictionary words

    p   wbritish-small                      - British English dictionary words

> Reading:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/aspell/README.Debian
>
> Shows an interesting detail about language selection and an error in a
> previous package that may have caused you a problem.

Well, I haven't had any luck with any of the commands to change the default
dictionary. I have everything that is suggested I need installed. For some
reason I don't have a default conf file anywhere though. Strange -- I'll keep
banging away, until I find a solution.

One would think that the dictionary would be the default of the locale
automatically, with minimal user interaction needed. <shrug>

--
Steve A.
Sunday Jul 24 2005 15:15:01 EDT