Re: Can kdm 'source' ~/.xinitrc ?

* Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com> [2005 Jul 23 04:20 -0500]:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:13:37AM +0800, phyrster wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I am using fluxbox and normally use 'startx' to run it. 'startx' can of
> > course run '.xinitrc' in $HOME.
> >
> > However this takes a few extra steps to enter graphic interface. I am
> > thinking of using kdm's auto login feature together with fluxbox.
> >
> > But kdm don't run '.xinitrc' and thus some environment settings and a few
> > auto run programmes can't be started.
> >
> > My question is there anyway to make kdm use '.xinitrc' like startx does?
> >
> I haven't used kdm, only xdm and gdm, but you could try '.xsession'.

kdm doesn't source ~/.xsession as near as I can tell either as xdm does.

I'd be interested in an answer to this as well.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"