Re: exim4 -> local mailboxes

Dear Wayne!

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:34:19AM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Csanyi Pal(csanyipal@sks.co.yu) is reported to have said:
> >
> > Up to now exim4 forward the mails in to /var/mail/fetchmail mailbox. I
> > use Mutt to read these mails, and then save them to appropriate
> > ~Mail/mailbox.
> >
> > My question is: how to configure exim4 to forward mails to procmail?
> > I will appreciate any suggestion! Thanks!
> >

> See /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template   procmail_pipe:

Now I did these:
* edit /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf :
    and add the line
    dc_localdelivery='procmail_pipe'
* restart exim4 :
    invoke-rc.d exim4 restart
* view the /var/log/exim4/mainlog (These are lines for one mail only):
    [127.0.0.1] U=fetchmail P=esmtp S=8724 id=2IlLqB.A.hiC.KsP4CB@bevo
    fetchmail <fetchmail@localhost> R=local_user T=procmail_pipe
    Completed

It is not quit clear to me this message abowe. It seems to me that
exim4 get the mail from fetchmail and process it forward to esmtp,
isn't it? But I don't understand the line "fetchmail <fetchmail@localhost>
R=local_user T=procmail_pipe". Can you explain to me that, that what for
stand fetchmail on the front of the line?

And why I still get the mails in /var/mail/fetchmail box, instead in the
~/Mail/mbox -es? Thanks!

--
Regards,
Paul