Re: exim4 -> local mailboxes

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 04:21:26PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> > > You shouldn't need any reference to SMTP in your procmailrc. All you have to do
> > > is simple. Have a procmailrc and a fetchmailrc in your local user directory. Use
> > > fetchmail via the same user that reads the e-mail.
> >
> > I run fetchmail as a daemon. In the /etc/init.d/fetchmail stands:
> > # Defaults
> > DAEMON=/usr/bin/fetchmail
> > CONFFILE=/etc/fetchmailrc
> > OPTIONS="-f $CONFFILE"
> > PIDFILE=/var/run/fetchmail/.fetchmail.pid
> > UIDL=/var/mail/.fetchmail-UIDL-cache
> > USER=fetchmail
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Is USER=fetchmail correct? And you say mail ends up in
> /var/mail/fetchmail? seems suspicious.

Would You explain to me the meaning of the question
 "Is USER=fetchmail correct?"?

User fetchmail has ben created automatically when I have installed
fetchmail. So the user fetchmail should be correct in any way.

> I dont run fetchmail as a daemon.
>
> but 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow fetchmail' doesn't offer to allow you to
> change it. :-( (not that I want to)
>
> I suggest reinstall fetchmail and don't have it as a daemon

Thank you for this suggestion, but don't you think that that if
fetchmail run as daemon, it is not possible to configure the system
fetchmail -> exim4 -> procmail -> ~/Mail/mailboxes?

Up to now exim4 forward the mails in to /var/mail/fetchmail mailbox. I
use Mutt to read these mails, and then save them to appropriate
~Mail/mailbox.

My question is: how to configure exim4 to forward mails to procmail?
I will appreciate any suggestion! Thanks!

--
Regards,
Paul