Re: exim4 -> local mailboxes

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 09:39:17AM -0400, Steve ? wrote:

> You shouldn't need any reference to SMTP in your procmailrc. All you have to do
> is simple. Have a procmailrc and a fetchmailrc in your local user directory. Use
> fetchmail via the same user that reads the e-mail.

I run fetchmail as a daemon. In the /etc/init.d/fetchmail stands:
# Defaults
DAEMON=/usr/bin/fetchmail
CONFFILE=/etc/fetchmailrc
OPTIONS="-f $CONFFILE"
PIDFILE=/var/run/fetchmail/.fetchmail.pid
UIDL=/var/mail/.fetchmail-UIDL-cache
USER=fetchmail

> Here is the start of my '~/home/.procmailrc' file, remember NO .forward file is
> needed, you should test it without any rules other than the one shown;
>
>     MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
>     DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
>     LOGFILE=$HOME/Mail/procmaillog
>     FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
>     SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

Now I edit my .procmailrc like abowe. I moved the .forward file.
I restart exim4 and fetchmail daemon, but nothing new happen.

> Fetchmail should automatically hand e-mail off to Exim4. I didn't set up
> anything for that to work. If one has a .prcomailrc in their ~/home then, Exim4
> should automatically hand it off to procmail.

> I'm assuming you're wanting a single drop ? This wouldn't work for a multi-user
> setup.

Yes, I'm wanting a single drop.

--
Regards,