I would like to hear input from fellow Debianites on the following
document titled "guidelines to post on debian-user" hosted at
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html

Looks real good as a start.

Thanks.

However, you are aware of the "Code of Conduct" at
http://www.us.debian.org/MailingLists/, right?
I included this now as #10. Thanks for pointing it out. I read it long time back and forgot about it's presence.

#5. The "never" may be a bit strong. Also, "bottom-posting is not
preferred; rather post-reply interspersing is.
I removed "never". I have no idea what you mean by "post-reply interspersing". Is it same as "quote relevant sections and post your reply at the bottom". Then I guess #5 and #6 do the job fine. If not, please explain more clearly.

You might want a section on Off-topic posts (generally discouraged, but
acceptable in some cases; should be marked "OT").
Included now as #11.

thanks for the feedback
raju

--