Re: On using Mozilla instead of Firefox

Rogério Brito:
> On Jul 19 2005, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> >
> > And it is not only memory usage. I rarely use Mozilla these days (and
> > only the browser part), but when I use it I always notive that it feels
> > generally faster than Firefox.
>
> I am back to using the suite (actually, the latest nightly build of the
> Seamonkey project, straight from the Mozilla project) and it is usable. But
> I think that things could be better.

I am not so sure about that. Rendering HTML is a quite compilcated thing
these days.

> > Ok, I have 10+ extensions installed, but even with the same extensions
> > Firefox under win32 feels faster than under Debian.
>
> Well, I never used any extensions, due to limitations of hardware (to be
> slightly faster). I am more or less satisfied with the features of "stock"
> Firefox.

Oh, I couldn't live without Adblock, Sage, WebDeveloper, SessionSaver,
undoclosetab and all these nice things. :)

> > See above. I am in the glad position to have a still quite fast laptop
> > (1.3GHz Pentium M, 768MB RAM) but I am often astonished at Firefox's CPU
> > usage even when it is "idling".
>
> Do you see the problem scrolling this site when, say, compared to other
> sites?

It's not annoyingly slow with this machine but I notice almost 100% CPU
usage and my CPU is switching up from 600MHz to 800 or 1GHz.

J.
--
I wish I could do more to put the sparkle back into my marriage.
[Agree]   [Disagree]