Re: OT: Archives nearly useless? (Google doing evil?)

Michael Marsh wrote:
> I'd say the most optimistic explanation is that google is finding what
> it's able to find while respecting site owners' wishes.

    Which is, incidentally, more than MSNBot does.  It slammed my forums for
months, several connections at a time.  I put in a robots.txt to tell it to
sod off and for the next month it still slammed my site, 4-5 connections at a
time.  Sad part is the forums they were trolling never showed up on their
search.  So after several months I started blocking MSN's IPs at the firewall.
 T'Hell with them and their lame spider.