Re: Changing mouse (newbie question)

On 7/19/05, Jonathan Kaye <jonathan.kaye@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> En/La Vegard|drageV ha escrit, a 19/07/05 16:21:
> > hi list,
> >
> > I'm a newbie who need help making my new mouse work...
> >
> > Today I'm using a 2-button mouse connected to /dev/ttyS0 (or known as
> > COM1 in windoze) wich is working as it should.But I've gotten a new
> > mouse with scroller wheel and all, wich goes on the standard mouseport
> > (circular plug with 6 pins), and of course I wish to change.
> >
> > How do I make the new mouse work?
> >
> > Debian Sarge, kernel 2.4.27-2-686
> >
> > Thanks in advance, greetings from Vegard
> >

> Make sure that the mouse sectin of XFConfig-4 contains
> Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
> That's what you need to make your scroll wheel work.
> This question has been asked a lot on this list. It's always a good idea
> to do a search of the archives before posting and you'll probably find
> what you want.
> Cheers,
> Jonathan
> --
> Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
> Thank you.

Thanks for all your help, I got what I need. I tried kernel 2.6.8
once, but it does not work well with my hardware, so I've sticked to
2.4.xx kernel.

I tried some googling on the subject, but found nothing. If there are
several postings on this subject, I apologize. I just didn't look
enough.

Anyway, thanks!   Cheers, Vegard