Re: Changing mouse (newbie question)

Vegard|drageV said:
> hi list,
>
> I'm a newbie who need help making my new mouse work...
>
> Today I'm using a 2-button mouse connected to /dev/ttyS0 (or known as
> COM1 in windoze) wich is working as it should.But I've gotten a new
> mouse with scroller wheel and all, wich goes on the standard mouseport
> (circular plug with 6 pins), and of course I wish to change.
>
> How do I make the new mouse work?
>
> Debian Sarge, kernel 2.4.27-2-686
>
> Thanks in advance, greetings from Vegard

You can edit the X configuration (/etc/X11/XF86config-4) and specify a
different mouse type there.   For a wheel mouse, specify the IMPS/2 protocol
and use /dev/psaux as the location where it's connected.

If you're not comfortable manually editing the file, you can rerun the X
configuration tool and it should pick the new mouse out for you straight
away.

I hope this helps

--
- Josh