Re: Cd writing tool under Linux

Hans-Peter Sulzer wrote:

> 16 July 2005 Lian Liming wrote:
>
>>     I wonder if there are any GUI cd writing tool available under
>> Debian. What I find so far is "cdrecord" which is a command line CD
>> writing tool.
>
> If you have a full version of Nero Burning ROM for Windows, you can
> download a Nero version for Linux, I think there is also a package
> for Debian (an OEM version does it not!). Try www.nero.de or
> www.ahead.de  or www.nero.com  or www.ahead.com.
>
> I haven't used it, but it's available. I read it in two
> German magazines (Computer Bild and c't).
>
> Peter
BAD, BAD idea. Nero is an excellent tool under Windoze but it absolutely
stinks on Linux. I have installed it on 2 different linux systems and it is
highly unstable on both, whereas the native Linux burn software is rock
solid on the 2 boxes..
K3b is, in my opinion, by far, the best GUI tool available on Linux.

Best regards
Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g