ImgSeek with unicode filenames

Hello,

I'm using imgSeek 0.8.4 with debian sarge, but i'm having trouble with
my files, because they have unicode names. I've tried changing default
python encoding (to UTF-8), but while dialog boxes show the proper
filenames, the texboxes show a wrong filename ("diseño" instead of
"diseño"). And get an error "error adding file [filename with funny
name]".

If I use iso8859-1 encoding, both dialog boxes and texboxes show the
proper filename, but if I try to add the file it says "file not
found".

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.