Re: Can you launch URL from email application

Benjamin Sher wrote:

>I've got the proof (I think). I launched galeon and kmail and firefox
>and mozilla and epiphany from the konsole. NO PROBLEM. But
>when I launched Konqueror from the console, I got an obvious
>error message. See screenshot below:
>
>http://www.websher.net/temp/konqueror2.jpg
>
>Am I right to say that this is the smoking gun?

No; I get the same error when I launch Konqueror from a command line, so
I'd say this is not the smoking gun.

However, try launching Konq with the URL attached, like so:

konqueror http://www.websher.net

When I do that on my machine, Konq fails to bring up the site (or at
least, it hasn't shown anything so far, just a blank background).

Epiphany brings up the site fine.

--
Kent West
Technology Support