Re: Can you launch URL from email application

On 18 Jul 2005 at 20:05, David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 18 July 2005 19:53, you wrote:
> > > I notice that in File Associations there's an "Application Preference
> > > Order". Apparently what's happening is that when you click an URL in
> > > Kmail, Epiphany tries to launch, and fails for some reason, and then KDE
> > > falls back on the next application in the preference order.
>
> No. Only if the first app is not installed at all.
>
> > Those are the facts. I won't hazard a hypothesis. I have no idea how this
> > works.
>
> Launch those browsers from a terminal, to put kmail out of the equation (and to
> see possible error messages from there).
> To get a terminal, Alt+F2 and type "konsole", for instance.

Dear David and friends:

I've got the proof (I think). I launched galeon and kmail and firefox
and mozilla and epiphany from the konsole. NO PROBLEM. But
when I launched Konqueror from the console, I got an obvious
error message. See screenshot below:

http://www.websher.net/temp/konqueror2.jpg

Am I right to say that this is the smoking gun?

Benjamin