Re: Pinnacle pctv stereo no sound

On Monday 18 July 2005 08:47, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
 > On 7/17/05, Andras Lorincz <andras.lorincz@gmail.com> wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I'm using debian sarge with kernel 2.6.8. I have problem getting sound
 > > to work for my tv tuner which is Pinnacle Pctv stereo with saa7134
 > > chipset. I have the internal audio connector connected to Aux in on my
 > > sound card. I can get the picture but there is no sound, just a
 > > background noise. When installing the modules I do this:
 > >
 > > #modporbe bttv card=1
 > > #modprobe tuner type=5
 > > #modprobe saa7134
 > >
 > > Thanks in advance for your help.
 >
 > see the kmix/alsamixer for line. Whether it is turned on and vol is
 > atleast 50%

Excuse me for reusing the thread.
I am in some sort of the same problem. I have a cheap framegrabber-card
(saa7134 insmod option card=37, exactly), and audio is supposed to be input
to my via82xx-onboard soundcard.
However, as a means of debugging, I tried putting my in-ear headphones into
the audio-out-jack of the tunercard, and heard absolutely nothing. I tried
started and stopping tvtime, seeing how saa7134's debugging output reported
the audio to be unmuted and muted accordingly, but nothing helped.

That's not supposed to happen, right? Normally, the output impedance of
line-out-connections is close enough to that of a headphone-out, so one would
expect to hear something. Or am I missing something?

Regards, Anders Breindahl.