Re: Ubunto vs. Debian

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:51:57 -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> My point was simple: If you are going to get a derivative of Debian
> or Red Hat or whatever, you will never have the perfect
> compatibility that is often promised but cannot be delivered. You
> will have it only with the original distro.

Good point.

Sometimes, though, compatibility with the original distribution
ceases to be important because the original distribution has
been superseded by something else.

Debian has fundamental organizational problems which lead me to
think that it won't be able to keep up with improvements in
Ubuntu.  If that is so then there is a good chance that Ubuntu
will replace Debian as the standard dpkg-based distribution.
--
Thomas