Re: completely inane AOL questions

On Saturday July 16 2005 12:37 pm, roach wrote:
> On Saturday 16 July 2005 14:50, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> <...>
>
> > Anyone else for blocking all mails to the list that have a "From"
> > header ending in "@aol.com"?
>
> AOL has become quiet good at fighting spam coming from their
> network, no need to punish them.

AOL is not good about fighting idiots coming from their network.
Maintaining an idiot-hostile internet is just as important, if not
more so.  Lusers perpetuate spam, AOL encourages lusers, therefor,
AOL encourages spam.

> Earlier this evening I was at an Internet Cafe and decided to read
> my email. Bad move, reading list email without filters is only for
> the masochistic. I couldn't see the content, for the spam. I had a
> hard time knowing whether too hurl or rip my eyes out. :-(

Get your own mail server, reject spam at SMTP-time?

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca