Re: Recommended Debian book?

also sprach Glenn English <ghe@slsware.com> [2005.07.17.1529 +0300]:
> The new book by Martin Krafft -- "The Debian System" is exactly
> the one I'd been looking for. It's an excellent discussion of
> sarge (3.1), and it's full of useful information: theory,
> philosophy, HOWTO, and why.

May I quote this on debiansystem.info ?

> Downsides: there are typos;

I'd appreciate if you pointed them out to me. And if you could show
me a book without typos. :)

Also, there is http://debiansystem.info/readers/errata, even though
I chose not to list every single typo found.

> it's expensive (~$45); and (AFAIK) the only way to get it is to
> order it from Europe -- 15 Euros and a couple weeks shipping.
> Easily worth it all, though, to me.

We have an international publisher now and the book should be
available internationally in September at the earliest. Please see
http://debiansystem.info/order

> And the best thing about it is that when it's lying open by the
> keyboard, the book doesn't try to close itself -- the pages lie flat.

:)

`. `'`

http://www.transnationalrepublic.org/