Re: Recommended Debian book?

On 5/23/05, Geoff Thurman <geoffthur@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 12:57:28PM -0600, Glenn English wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 23:17 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >
> > > wget -O - http://rute.2038bug.com/rute.html.tar.bz2 | \
> > > tar -xvvjf -
> > >
> > > I hunted for rute for ages and gave up until someone on a newsgroup
> > > kindly posted the above link.
> >
> > That's somewhat more than just a link. Very thoughtful. Thanks.
>
> It's a bit late to tell you this (sorry), but there's actually a .deb.
>
> $ sudo apt-cache show rutebook
> Package: rutebook
> Section: non-free/doc
> Installed-Size: 8264
> Maintainer: Simon Law <sfllaw@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
> Architecture: all
> Version: 1.0-1
> Suggests: www-browser, xpdf, gs
> Filename: pool/non-free/r/rutebook/rutebook_1.0-1_all.deb
> Size: 5599562
> MD5sum: c0797b33a2c46976c385fe9a0500a4b7
> Linux: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition is a book written by Paul
> Sheer and published by Prentice Hall.  It covers the use of GNU/Linux
> for a novice to intermediate user.  System administration is covered
> as well.
> .
> Included are both HTML and PDF versions of this document.
>
> [On the other hand, if the book gets revised from time to time
> (does it?) your version might be more up to date anyway.]
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff

Has anyone got an read the Debian Linux Bible? It's too pricey at m y
place and I do not know if getting it at all would be the best thing.
I already have Unix Power Tools suggested by someone above and I love
it reading it daily, and using the tools.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.