xorg and nvidia drivers and removal of gdm etc.

I am trying to fully convert to Xorg in a Sid machine in my home
network. The problem is something to do with nvidia-glx, which upon
trying to be installed complains:
~# apt-get -s install nvidia-glx
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  nvidia-glx: Depends: xlibmesa-glu but it is not going to be installed or
                       libglu but it is not installable or
                       libglu1
E: Broken packages

So I have some queries regarding this whole process of shifting to Xorg.
What does the above error really mean, since to install xlibmesa-glu
requires me to remove gdm and other stuff:
~# apt-get -s install xlibmesa-glu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gdm gdm-themes gksu gnome-netstatus-applet libgksu1.2-0 libgksuui1.0-0
libglu1-xorg x-window-system x-window-system-core
  xbase-clients xdm xprint xprint-common
  xlibmesa-glu
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 13 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Also, with this new Xorg, do I still need the drivers by Nvidia (the
ones I used to install with "module-assistant auto-install nvidia"?

Sorry for all these queries, but this whole transition to Xorg and the
new C++ ABI is creating a bit of confusion for me.

thanks,
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.