Re: Wireless PCI Cards - Which Work?

Thomas H. George wrote:
Actually I know my Netgear MA311 works but we just moved to a new house and the little antenna for the card was lost. I purchased a Netgear WG31l ($50) and Sarge with a 2.6.11 kernel didn't recognize it. The antenna fit the old MA311 card so I am out $50 but back on line. (I had expected the new card to work and that I would be able to order a new antenna from Netgear and use the old card in a second computer.)

Save yourself the $50, return the card and antenna, and just buy an antenna.

The connector on the MA311 is a reverse SMA male, and the antenna is a female. Tons of vendors out there with appropriate antennas and connectors for them.

http://www.fulton.net.au/qt045.htm
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison

These are just two of numerous Google hits on "Netgear MA311 antenna connector".

Nate