dvd region and libdvdcss

Hello:

I have some region 1 dvd's and some region 4 dvd's.

I can't see region 1 dvd's in my laptop (region 4
plays great). I'm using libdvdcss, but still say me:
"can't open /dev/dvd, or dvd contains no data".

But in my desktop have no problem with any dvd.

I'm using testing with kernel 2.6.11 in both. desktop
is a p4, laptop a g4 (a tibook).

Any ideas? what can i do to see my dvd's on my laptop?
need to send any config file or something?

Thanks.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs