Re: Printing in CUPS -- almost there!

On 13 Jul 2005, Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> I am still struggling with making my printer work. I installed all of
> the cups files instructed to both by our list members and online at:
>
> http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-install.en.html#s-cups
>
> I then tried to configure my printer online. Once again, I am told that
> the print test was sent successfully to the printer but the printer has
> so far not printed anything. Please see screenshots:
>
> http://www.websher.net/temp/printer1.jpg
> http://www.websher.net/temp/printer2.jpg
>

> Thank you.
>
> Benjamin

I've found various problems with CUPS and I therefore use magicfilter,
which works better for me. There is (an older) version available as a
Debian package and also a rewritten version, which I have in /usr/local,
at http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/magicfilter/.

It could be worth trying this if you are still having problems.
Magicfilter is easier to set up IMO and there is a Debian package for
this (magicfilterconfig).

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk for
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  blog, book reviews, electronic