Re: Printing in CUPS -- almost there!

On (13/07/05 16:16), Benjamin Sher wrote:
> peter colton wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 13 July 2005 16:46, Clive Menzies wrote:
<snip>
> >     have look at the link below for the packages you need to install for
> >cups. I did not use the install the Recommended packages and all work well.
> >
> >http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-install.en.html#s-cups
> >
> >			bye for now.
> >
> >                       peter colton
> >

> Dear friends:
>
> I am still struggling with making my printer work. I installed all of
> the cups files instructed to both by our list members and online at:
>
> http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-install.en.html#s-cups
>
> I then tried to configure my printer online. Once again, I am told that
> the print test was sent successfully to the printer but the printer has
> so far not printed anything. Please see screenshots:
>
> http://www.websher.net/temp/printer1.jpg
> http://www.websher.net/temp/printer2.jpg

I've had experience of this sort of problem arising if the paper size is
set wrong.  In windows there seemed to be a multitude of places to set
the paper size and if they weren't all set correctly the printer
wouldn't print.

However, I've not seen this problem in Linux.  Check that you've
installed the correct driver and that the printer configuration is setup
for paper size etc.

The settings page you sent looks OK.

Regards

Clive