Re: CPU fans shut off by Debian?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 deb-lists-z@robsims.com wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 09:09:01AM -0400, Stephen Lokitz wrote:
> > Well, I tried with a windows boot disk with the same result.  At this
> > point there has to be some sort of hardware failure, right?
>
> Do the fans stop at exactly the same time?  If not, it sounds like the
> fans themselves are getting hot and seizing.  When they stop, give them
> a push; if they resist, they're bad.
> --
> Rob

No, the fans do not stop at the same time.  The system can be up anywhere
from 1 hour to 2 days (the longest it's made it) before this happens.  I
have not had the case off when it has failed yet.  I suppose I can try
that today just to see.  I'm also not sure if the fans are able to be spun
by hand, but I will check.

	Thanks,
	Stephen