Re: Where is the FTP site for Sarge, please?

%% "Benjamin Sher" <sher07@mindspring.com> writes:

  bs> So, I am willing to download the CD image by FTP. But I
  bs> have tried several times to find the iso image and have
  bs> failed. I tried ftp.debian.org and cdimages.debian.org and I
  bs> just can't find the iso image.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but it's pretty easy to find.

Go to http://www.debian.org/

Look in the menu at the left, and click the link "CD ISO Images"
You'll get here: http://www.debian.org/CD/

Everything you want is there.  If you want to use FTP for download, find
the link "Download CD images using HTTP or FTP."  That will get you to a
long list of mirrors, offering Debian CD ISO images for both HTTP and
FTP download, here: http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

Remember you don't need ALL the CDs.  It's likely you'll need only the
first two, or even just the first one.  Anything that's missing that you
want you can easily download over the Internet after your install is
complete.

See the FAQ link on this page, which takes you here:
http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/

Also, note if you don't want to bother with a long download you can buy
Debian CD's, often for very little money.  I've had good experiences in
the past with this method, before I got my cable modem.  Look here for
a list of possible vendors, by country: http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools