Re: Where is the FTP site for Sarge, please?

On 12 Jul 2005 at 2:24, Paul Smith wrote:

> %% "Benjamin Sher" <sher07@mindspring.com> writes:
>
>   bs> So, I am willing to download the CD image by FTP. But I
>   bs> have tried several times to find the iso image and have
>   bs> failed. I tried ftp.debian.org and cdimages.debian.org and I
>   bs> just can't find the iso image.
>
> I'm not sure where you're looking, but it's pretty easy to find.
>
> Go to http://www.debian.org/
>
> Look in the menu at the left, and click the link "CD ISO Images"
> You'll get here: http://www.debian.org/CD/
>
> Everything you want is there.  If you want to use FTP for download, find
> the link "Download CD images using HTTP or FTP."  That will get you to a
> long list of mirrors, offering Debian CD ISO images for both HTTP and
> FTP download, here: http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

Dear Paul:

My sincere apologies. You won't believe what happened. When I
got to the CD image download page I didn't scroll down far
enough to see the FTP sites. Too embarrassing to mention. But
that's the honest truth. I've already started my download of the
first CD. My eternal gratitude.

Benjamin