Etch vs. Sarge -- can't make up my mind

Dear friends:

Based on what I have learned tonight about Debian, I am
not certain yet which option I will choose: Etch or Sarge,
testing or stable.

Here is my choice:

Choose Sarge (STABLE) which can only be updated with a
few specialized apt-get sources such as apt.get.org or
backports.org

OR

Choose Etch (TESTING) and get the latest releases until
Etch becomes stable.

I do have one more question about Etch: To install it, I have
downloaded the 100 MB + net install ISO file. What
happens when Etch reaches STABLE? Will I be able to
continue downloading TESTING packages. Or is this net
install and the "testing" distro really strictly an ETCH testing
distro. That is, when Etch becomes stable, can I just
continue downloading and upgrading packages in testing
(since I will be in testing) or will I have to start all over
again?

Would appreciate your clarification.

Thank you.

Benjamin