Re: Problems with Instalation part deux

On (12/07/05 01:41), Andrej Perdih wrote:
> Hello evry one again!
>
> As one of the menbers kindly informed me I am sending you more information in a
> seperate e-mail (thank you Clive for the reminder)
>
> My NIC card:
>
> Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
> Controlle
>
> And perhaps my router:
>
> Lynksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router eith 4-port switch
>
> If someone has the knowledge to inform me about the know-how of seting my
> networt, please send me the relevant detailed information. Namely I am unable to
> set my DHCP network when I install Debian core and subsequently I am the unable
> to download the rest of the OS via internet.

A quick search on the internet revealed this:

http://nixdoc.net/files/forum/post-187268.html

which suggests that the card may not be supported just yet ... however,
I may be wrong.  If noone else can suggest how to install the module for
this, you could put a supported card in the machine and source the
correct driver at your leisure.

Realtek8139 is supported
3com 3c592/5

there are many others and a search on google for:
debian sarge nic supported

should give some info.

Regards

Clive