Re: SBC DSL Service

On 07/12/2005 12:19 am, David Christensen wrote:
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > I was contacted by SBC(telephone service) about DSL service which I
> > want.
>
> Have you read the Dilbert comic strip?  SBC is evil.  You will be tormented
> for a year (two?) if you sign SBC's contract.
>

> Did you know that you don't have to buy SBC DSL through SBC?  The
> government has forced SBC to allow other ISP's to resell SBC DSL service.
> I discovered this by chance when shopping around for high-speed Internet
> connectivity.  I use a small, privately-owned, GNU/Linux-savvy reseller in
> Santa Rosa:
>
>     http://www.sonic.net/
>

> I have the plan with 4 static IP's and an Ethernet modem ($60/month).  It
> gives me a raw, reliable, 24/7 presence on the Internet.  sonic.net rocks!
> :-)

I am in Humboldt County and the service has been much better these past two
years.  I have had almost no problems with the service in that time but when
SBC started DSL service here, there were lots of problems and the "tech
support" people would blame them on the customer and not send anyone out to
take a look.  That is why there was a class-action lawsuit against SBC a few
years ago.

8)