Re: Still not fixed ipup problem. (solved)

On Monday 11 July 2005 10:50, Arias Hung wrote:
> removing the package:
>
> zeroconf
>
> solved this issue for me.
>
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005, Alan Chandler delivered in simple text monotone:
> > On Friday 08 July 2005 07:54, Arias Hung wrote:
> > > the auto ifup always assigns me that bogus 169.254.x.x address too ...
> > > very annoying.

Absolutely brilliant - solved it for me too.

The strange thing is I never remember installing this package.  According to
apititude it was not "automatically" installed to satisfy a dependency, so I
must have installed it deliberately.  But I can not see why - there was no
reason to.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk