Re: Unable to install libncurses5-dev

Please keep discussion on-list. Thanks.

Abdul Taha wrote:
> Have you done an apt-get update? What's the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list?

Yes, done apt-get update. Contents of sources.list:

deb http://debian.blueyonder.co.uk/ stable main
deb-src http://debian.blueyonder.co.uk/ stable main
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

sarge & etch have 5.4-4 while sid has 5.4-8, which is making me a bit suspicious of what is inside there. Had you manually installed any ncurses5 deb's previously?

I've not installed any versions of ncurses manually. Only recently
installed debian in my laptop using the 2.4.27 kernel.

#dpkg -l libncurses5

What version?

#apt-get install libncurses5-dev (as opposed to ncurses-dev)

Results?

Can you download libncurses5 & libncurses5-dev deb's and install them manually?