Re: exim4 & spamassassin - no spam scanning

Branden Faulls wrote:

After a recent upgrade to sarge, I decided to update exim to exim4. This was fairly painless, until I tried to configure spamassassin.
Following instructions at: http://koivi.com/exim4-config/

I added a transport to /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_spamcheck
and a router to /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/850_exim4-config_spamcheck_router

Mail is still being delivered fine, but the SPAM headers are not being added to the received email and the /var/log/exim4/mainlog reports that mail is being collected and delivered immediately to the necessary Maildir folder. What am I missing? How do I get Spamassassin to scan the mail and tag it so that I can filter it out with .forward rules, as I had previously? I upgraded in the hope I could get sa-learn working, but so far spamassassin is a non-starter.

Any help would be  appreciated.
I'm running exim4 w/ spamd and procmail.  I was able to get my emails
scanned by modifying the /usr/share/doc/procmailrc.example  I haven't
had to modify anything related to exim.

Any reason you can't do it this way?