Re: exim4 & spamassassin - no spam scanning

Branden Faulls wrote:
> Following instructions at: http://koivi.com/exim4-config/

> I added a transport to /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_spamcheck
> and a router to /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/850_exim4-config_spamcheck_router

    I can say up front that something is amiss with those directions.  I don't
recall Exim4 requiring either transports or routers to use SA; esp. not
exim4-heavy.  In exim4 the common practice is to use ACLs to call SA and
accept/reject at SMTP time.  That is well prior to transports and routers.
That looks like someone is updating their exim3 config to exim4 without
understanding the changes between the two versions.

    Do a Google search on "exiscan-acl" and "spamassassin" to find a ton of
directions on how to use exiscan-acl with SA at SMTP time.  exiscan-acl has
been a part of exim4-heavy for some time now and exiscan-acl itself recently
was integrated into the main exim code.  HTH