Does the driver brw that comes in gpm work properly or at all?

Does the driver brw that comes in gpm work properly or at all?
I have been trying to get my Fellows browser connected via usb to work. It
simply does not work with xserver-xfree86. I can get it to work somewhat by
setting the driver in gpm to exps2 setting the x protocol to auto in
XF86Config-4  and setting buttons to "4" & the z axis mapping to "4 5" the
scroll wheel works and the the left & right buttons work. The side buttons do
not work. I have tried setting buttons to "7" and z-axis mapping to "6 7" but
that kills the scroll & only the rt. & lft. buttons work.
Any help or tips would be appreciated.
--
John Foster