Re: Sarge, IBM xSeries 346 Ultra320 Hot-Swap HardDisk

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 20:57 -0300, Tomás Corrêa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m trying to install debian sarge into a IBM xSeries 346 with 3
>  Ultra320 Hot-Swap HardDisk and the installation process can’t find my
> HD.

The installation kernel may not have a driver for your scsi controller.
The default sarge installation kernel is a 2.4.x series kernel. You
could always try typing "linux26" at the installation CD boot prompt.
This will use a 2.6.x kernel which may have support for your scsi
controller.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg