Re: Linux and Solaris Mail playing nicely

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 07:48:41PM +0100, Pete Clarke wrote:

> I have just added a few Solaris boxen to my (nearly) all Linux
> (Debian) network, and would like to get each one to deliver *all*
> mail to my current mailserver.  Basically, I don't want *any* mail
> delivered locally, just forwarded on.
>
> My new.mc file looks like this:
>
> OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl
> define(`SMART_HOST', 'my.mail.server')dnl
> FEATURE(`relay_entire_domain')dnl
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA') MAILER(`smtp')dnl
>
> But I still get local mail .... Any ideas?  I have tried Googling, but
> the volume of useless results kinda negates the search!

I'm very, very far from a sendmail guru, but I happen to know off of
the top of my head that MAILER(`local') is implied, even if you don't
explicitly include it.  My guess is that you'll have to find some
m4 configuration macro to specifically undefine it, that simply not
including it is not sufficient.  Failing that, you might actually have
to edit the .cf file directly. ::shiver.::  If not that, perhaps some
sort of static mail route needs setting up?

Sorry I don't really have an answer for you, but maybe I can get your
neurons firing in new directions on the problem. ;)

--
Adam Fabian <awfabian@gmail.com>