Re: full proxy

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 22:50 -0600, Ð∂äđ vÎяũŞ wrote:
> hello, is there a way that i can place my entire OS under a proxy? not
> just the browser but every connection including IM connections and FTP
> connections and all that sort?

Perhaps you should clarify what your purposes and expectations are. Do
you want to monitor or restrict internet usage? Are you hoping to speed
up web browsing by caching frequently accessed content?

A masquerading router could technically be considered a full network
proxy. Are you looking for a higher level relay/caching type proxy? Some
higher higher level protocols cannot be easily proxied at the
application layer.

A more specific question may result in a more helpful answer.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg