Re: OT (and Flamebait): Top-Posting

Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> How many people do you think have 1.4-gig email
> archives? Gmail's original 1-gig archive was supposed to be
> enough for a lifetime.

    Which is marketing talking, not technical realities.  How many people do I
think have 1.4Gb archives?  It's easier to ask me how many I think don't have
such large archives.  Webmail users.  People who use local clients often have
that, and more.  I cannot think of anyone that I have met face to face who has
archives smaller than that.  Most of the people who come to mind aren't
technical gurus, either.

> And you're really worried about disk space? Is that honestly
> a big concern to you? I'm surprised, is all.

    There's more than disk space involved here.  Bandwidth comes to mind.
Even with the prevailance of broadband I wouldn't want to have large messages
coming in and out of my connection while I'm trying to have a decent game of
CS.  :P