Re: Alsa default card (card0) with multiple cards

lance (<lance@augustmail.com>) wrote:

> How do I make a sound card my default card at boot using alsa?  I have
> 2 cards, ICE1712 and Intel8x0.  ICE1712 is loaded as card0 at  boot.
> Using alsaconf I can change cards so that Intel8x0 is card0 and
> ICE1712
> card1.  alsaconf asks if I want to modify /etc/modprobe.d/sound or
> /etc/modprobe.conf but neither are present.
> How do I change my configuration so that the Intel8x0 is card0 at boot
> and ICE1712 is card1?

Make sure you don't have /etc/modprobe.conf, and create some file
in /etc/modprobe.d (the name doesn't matter). Add the following lines:

options snd_intel8x0 index=0
options snd_ice1712 index=1

(if these are the names of the drivers ALSA uses)

Unload both modules and reload them, or reboot.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976