Re: [OT] linking table of contents in a dvi file

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 02:00:02AM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

   > I tried this but was not getting any clickable links. I am using xdvi as
   > my dvi viewer.
   >
   > $xdvi --version
   > xdvik version 22.40v
   >
   > This is the latest version available on Debian unstable. Which dvi
   > viewer are you using? Which Debian distribution are you running? Any
   > special options to be used while compiling etc.,?

~$ xdvi --version
xdvik version 22.84.4 (Xaw toolkit)
Libraries: kpathsea version 3.5.3, T1lib version 5.0.1

Try xdvik-ja, it is much better.

If you do not mind, I have a suggestion. Remove tetex-* and install texlive.
The package collection is very good. Saves you the botheration of
downloading lot of things whenevr you need them. Good news is texlive is
currently being packaged for debian. Till it hits unstable, go with
TeXLive installation. It even solved a problem with dvips for me. This
problem is only in debian, not in ubuntu which has identical versions.
So, I think there is a bug introduced here.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
		-- C.G. Jung