Re: Need help! I upgraded to stable - bad move? :-(

Quoting Bjorn Johansson <bjorn.johansson@4a-consulting.com>:
[snip]
> I can use an old kernel which was installed.
> So everything is pretty good now! :-)
>
> I can't use the newest kernel and I probably should reinstall the whole system
> anyway to get rid of some bugs, but now it works again, so I have the option
> of making a total backup of the whole system before I will attempt a full
> reinstall of the system.
>
> Thanks for the help btw. :-)
>
> Kind regards  Bj??rn

If you re-install, make three partitions: root, swap, and /home.  Then
a re-install only overwrites the root partition and all your user data
is intact.  Makes clean installs much less hassle.  I also frequently
copy or rsync /etc and /root to /home/etc and /home/root.  Also build
non-debian packages from source on /home/root.

HTH,
  Jeffrey