Re: syntax highlighting

--- Hans du Plooy <hansdp@sagacit.com> ha scritto:
> You can enable syntax highlighting for vim by editing /etc/vim/vimrc
> look for the line:
>
> " syntax on
>
> and uncomment it.Then look in the
> file /usr/share/vim/vim63/syntax/syncolor.vim and other files in that
> directory to configure the actual highlighting to your liking.

yes, but probably my point is more about something like pattern matching than syntax highlighting;
i mean, it is possible with emacs to place the cursor over an "end" of the code, for example, and
then the editor automatically highlights the matching "for" or "if" depending on the case;
this is really useful when you are reading the code of someone else and moreover the matching
"for" or "if" is 10 or 20 lines above

how to achieve this in vim?

thanks :)

Roberto
Debian Sarge
kernel 2.6.8

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com