Re: Need help! I upgraded to stable - bad move? :-(

On (06/07/05 11:00), Björn Johansson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I had a unstable Debian 3.1 on my Powerbook "Lombard G3" then I upgraded to
> 3.1 stable
> and now I only get a white screen at startup (after the boot questions of
> course).

If you went from unstable(sid) to stable (sarge), you 'downgraded' which
is not recommended for mere mortals ...... I fear you may be
experiencing why.

You could try booting off a live CD (knoppix, kanotix, debian from
scratch) and see if you can repair what's broken; or at least you
should be able to rescue some of your files prior to a reinstall.

http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/html/dfs.html

Regards

Clive

--