Re: Posting a log...

Peter Kupfer wrote:

I just installed Debian on a computer that I also have Windows XP on. I
am having an error and I want post the error log, but I don't know how
to copy the error log from the Debian command line and the paste it into
a Windows e-mail. Any thoughts?

BTW: The error is that xserver won't start, so I can't do anything
through that.

If you have a vfat partition, you can mount it in Debian and share it between Debian and Windows.

Otherwise, a Flashfob or floppy or writable CD might do.

You can configure exim4 ("dpkg-reconfigure exim4". I believe) to send out email, and use mutt from the command line to send email. You might need to install exim4 and mutt: "aptitude install mutt exim4".

--
Kent